Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day #242: Learning to ask for help

#242

Indiegogo is going up, it is launching.  It is also tied to this blog so once again I want to state that I started this blog to keep balance in my life while I wrote this book.  I am posting pictures daily, one in particular is always numbered for the day.  I am adding poems and reflections about life and beauty.  Every once in awhile I have reviewed a book.  Sometimes I refer my readers to other writers' work on adoption.  The idea is to balance the hardness of attending to the stories of original mothers with some beauty.  The intentional act keeps me sane.



So for the next 30 days I will be connected to an attempt to raise the funds I need to complete this project.  I am hoping more people come and read my blog.  I hope more of you share my blog and share my funding request.  I want to be able to complete the book by June.  Please pass the information on to people you believe will be interested in supporting my work.



 For those of you who are interested in the break down, here it is.

 I am looking for $15,500. to finish the process of creating/writing this book.  This sum will enable me to finish without interruption. 
1) Salaries       author $8,600 for 4 months expenses
                        editor = $2,100.
2) Travel - $4,000.
3) Conference fees and costs - $500
4) equipment and materials - $300
·       It will provide me with the funds to pay a professional editor.  All good writers need good editors.
·       There is a need for some extra equipment including extra memory card and back up batteries, an off camera flash and a small point and shoot for more informal photos, to be less intimidating while collecting photographs on the road.
·       It will allow me to attend CUB conference. Concerned United Birthparents is the national association focused on resources and support for original parents.  Attending    $500 Oct. 23=25
And it will cover my living expenses at a minimum so that I can continue to dedicate myself to the project


No comments:

Post a Comment