Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 36



Only 4 more days.
The May flies are out in droves, don't they know it is June?  My backyard haven has been occupied by little black bitey gnats.  Right at the moment a giant black cloud is blocking a beautiful bright sun.  But it is moving quickly.  I know this is all a metaphor for my larger life.  Sumac is taking over this field and I haven't had it mowed, yet.  So  much of it is about priorities, but I have to say, this space is a priority for me, for it is my chapel.

At the moment I cannot see any birds but I hear at least six different songs? Cardinal, robin and a nearby sparrow, swallows just flew over head and they are noise, and a call I haven't learned to recognize.  Blow away cloud.  I want a few more moments to write.

I am loosing faith that my Kickstarter project will reach its goal.  I am beginning to think about other options for funding the project, for it has just become larger and stronger than ever.

I keep saying this project is about healing and I am sure of that.  The number of people who have touched my heart in the past 35 days is incredible.  I don't want to drop the dialogues and I don't want to stop witnessing peoples' stories.  I'm supposed to witness them.  I want to continue the dialogues.  I want to create this book.  Many have asked to tell me their story, many have written part of their story, and I have learned an enormous amount.  So I will continue to keep this blog after Friday and I hope a plan b and a plan c will get created so that the project can be done.  If you have ideas, let me know.

 
I took this photo at the Haiku Circle's day long event yesterday.  There is something very special about bringing people together into the circle of their people.  This group was a community of poets.  They came together at this lovely home by a pond and cooked a giant soup in a caldron and ate fruit and bread.  I was caressed by being there.  I would like to do a similar event for those people who work so hard in the field of adoption.   Once I am far enough along with my book I will bring two groups together separately and jointly: the group of original moms, and the group of hard working activists.  We will have a day of nurturing activities.  You wait and see.  It'll be great.
 
Meanwhile, 3 more days on Kickstarter.com
 
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/130449645/creating-strength-to-speak-a-book-about-adoption-a/widget/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>
please give if you can.  Please share one last time.  It's a big goal, but... two or three larger donors and 100 small ones would do it. 
Thanks for your efforts thus far.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment