Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014


My parents were married 67 years ago today.  Neither of them are alive to celebrate it on this plane, but I am sure they're smiling about it.  My dad died before they reached their 25th, my Mom died in 2010 a well loved and single woman.  Her story is really interesting and needs to be told and some day I hope I can write it and do it justice. 

Last week I had several of my family come to visit, three generations and an assortment of uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, grandparents.... fascinating how we are all linked together by blood, still representing at least four continents and several different lifestyles.  We came together and played and ate and laughed and remembered Mom, our matriarch, even Zoe who is now 7 said she missed Great Grandma Jean. 

It is these times that I think of my own daughter and wonder how she would fit into this mismatch bunch, a bunch of whacky wonderful people with great talent who just seem to get smarter, better looking and more artistic with each generation.



photo by Zoe
 
These three are all my Mother's great grandchildren.  She has a bunch more, but these are the three that visited this week.  All three of them are sweet and fun and I had a really good time hanging out with them.   And for the first time in my 61 years I was jealous of my siblings, because they are grandparents; what a wonderful role to play.  They are all so in love with each other, you can feel that amazing strength of family love.  And yes, I received a lot of it, too.  I get so much from my nieces and nephews and the new generation seems willing to love me, too, but they are not mine. 
 
I have decided to break the budget up into three parts for my book project.  I am going to do a new on-line fundraiser, a local fundraiser, and I am going to look into grants.   I truly believe this book is important to write and that it is doable.  I am really open to suggestions, so if you know of a source, please let me know.   I want to continue on and be able to publish the untold stories.  
 
So keep your eyes open for this blog, I am going to maintain it.  I will continue to write and share my photos in it.  I will keep you up to date about the book and about my bird learning.  Join my blog, post your blog site, please pass things on.  This will continue to build my network of support for The Strength to Speak about the Courage to say Good-bye.
 
all photos by Lindy unless otherwise marked.
copyright Lindy Whiton
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment