Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day #150: A Day for a Brass Band

#150
I want to be able to give Edite back her computer in a bit.  Still haven't been able to print everything, but I will bring it all to be printed on Monday.  



People gathered for a procession down street today to celebrate our friend Juanita's life.  I went and took pictures of the gathering.  They gathered at the Farmers' Market and the world was lush.  A brass band was convened and people began to line up; children and parents and grandparents and non parents.  People were dressed in colors and the purple iris on the Common were in full bloom.  There was a perfect breeze at 85 degrees.  Juanita was there.  I knew she was up in a tree looking down at this wonderful group of people.  



Many of those getting ready to march are also in the concert tomorrow.  There is a lot of talk about how good the concert is going to be and how happy we all are that we are going to be in it.  Made me proud I was singing in a chorus.




I did not go on to the funeral/celebration.  Instead I came home to be alone, to create a plan to get out of this stuck spot that I am in.  I have all of this focus and direction, so I can't let logistics stop me anymore.  I need to fix my situation by Tuesday.  


2 comments:

  1. I was given your name by Karen Traub. While I was interviewing her for an upcoming story regarding her wedding we got on the subject of me and I ended up telling her my story of giving my daughter up for adoption many years ago. She said I should check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, so glad Karen hooked you up. Are you local? We should connect.

      Delete