Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day # 245: An Old Friend's Love


#245

September will bring a new series of colors to my photographs.  The greens are really dying off and the golden rod and purple wild flowers are dominating the fields.  Today within an hour Emma saw an egret, a beaver, a heron, and a young moose.  We drove around the corner right near my house and there stood a young moose.  I stopped.  He or she stopped and stared.  I did not have my camera.  Emma had her phone.  She pulled it out and the moose walked off into the woods.  She did get it, but it is too far away. 


My heart is very heavy today.  I can't really believe it.  Nothing happened to me that was dramatic, but an old friend apologized to me for not being available to me while I was pregnant all those many years ago.  We were teens, we were kids and we were all going through our own issues.  I forgave my close girlfriends many years ago because I knew they had to go and make their own lives stronger when we were 19 years old.  But to read an apology 43 years later was extremely moving for me.  Thank you, Lyd.  And I understood then and I understand now.  You have been my good friend since 7th grade.  Believe me.


1 comment:

  1. {{hugs}} hope your feeling less heavy of heart today, my friend. I absolutely LOVE the last picture of Emma!

    ReplyDelete