Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day #246: Yes to Reunion

#246

Alright, you ask why isn't my funding proposal launched.  I don't know. They told me PayPal would take 2 days and then I could launch, but I haven't received the verification, yet.   So another night...



I've been trying to look at patterns across reunions today.  By and large the women in my collection have had successful reunions, although nobody has said that they've been easy.  Reunions are riddled with a tremendous variety of emotions for everyone concerned, yet most of these women are happier and more at peace because of reunion.

The expectations of this new relationship cannot be those of a standard mother/child relationship.  It is a mixture of roles and itself creates a new one.  There is so much about this stranger that you know, that you understand, and for the adoptee, gaining genetic information seems to free them to be more genuine in their lives.  But neither person can expect to fill the hole left by the relinquishment.


I've become extremely pro reunions and would like to be trained as a search angel.  One of the reasons why I would like to do that is I believe I understand the enormity of the process and don't take it as either an easy decision nor as an easy process.  Through gathering these stories I have had the opportunity to hear about this long process from many lenses.   But if you're an original mom or an adoptee and you are trying to make that decision, my suggestion is to contact someone who can help and support you in an informed way and go for it.  Do the search.  As hard as it may be, it appears to be well worth the work.

N.H. shark cloud. 9/3/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment