Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Day # 265:September Night


# 265


An oldie but a goodie.

September Night
                       
Remember that day
we ran away from home
to lie in the field,
stare up into the Vermont sky?
That September night when I
thought I'd freeze to death?
You pushed up close to me
our blankets wrapped
around us like cocoons.
You pushed in close, my brother;
put your arm around me
and we counted the shooting stars.
One, two, three, silence, four, five...
Must have been your last year in high school
Must have been before you went away.
It was crisp and moisture was
forming on the blades of grass.
It was absolutely clear.





It is suicide awareness month and it is very appropriate for me to mention it in this blog because original mothers and adoptees are at risk for suicide.  The following link is an article  which was posted today on fb.  I find it an interesting topic which is kept away from because of how uncomfortable it makes people.  But it needs to be talked about.  It needs to be brought to the forefront.

http://www.intheforefront.org/understanding-why-adoptees-are-higher-risk-suicide


No comments:

Post a Comment