Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

Day # 268: Another look at the birds

#268

There are at least three different kinds of bees and wasps in the forest of asters that we let grow all around my house this year.  Right in front of me there are probably 10 and at least 3 different types: yellow jacket, honey bee, and bumble bee.  But there are no butterflies, which I have to say is the reason I let the assorted weeds grow this year, to attract the butterflies. The other thing is that I did not spend a lot of time sitting outside in my yard this year and here we are in the last few days of September and I am out here looking for butterflies.

They say the monarchs don't migrate through Middletown, R.I. for another couple of weeks, but the on line map shows many more sightings in the South than in N.E., which leads me to believe they migrated early.  But why?  We were warmer this August.

Also, where have all the birds gone?  There are a lot of blue jays screeching around me, but I can't see any of them and the crickets and tree frogs are making a racket, and there is way too much traffic on this Friday afternoon.  But there are no cardinals or robin sounds, the wrens and sparrows aren't making noise.  Have they all left?  Yesterday I saw 5 hawks during my travels and 3 turkey vultures.  There seemed be bird action.  But this afternoon as we turn over to evening there is no bird activity.

9/25/2010, more shots from the conference I spoke about last night.  


restored art

Have you actually read my proposal on my Indiegogo page?  I've decided I think it's good.  I will get the slide show up over the weekend.  I've done a lot of work on the book this week.  It's coming along.  It's cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment