Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Day # 275:A Selfie or Two


# 275

All week long I have been trying to write a poem about the eclipse and about the strong connection I felt to the larger world, the earth, sun and moon, and all of those stars.  It's not just about feeling small or insignificant; on the contrary, I felt quite significant, it's about understanding the expanse of infinity.  Do you remember trying to understand what infinity was when you were little?  I have some memory of being in the car with my family and my Dad trying to get us to understand it, how big the solar system, the beyond us was; that that unto itself was God.  Anyway, I felt it Sunday night.

It was a direct line between my camera lens and that sphere; the earth was blocking the sun from the moon and as we all, earth, moon and sun were rotating together, we sitting in Turners Falls, Ma. experienced the total eclipse of the blood harvest moon.  We experienced it as rotating energy interacting with other rotating energy.

Reiki is   "a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being."  

Self healing Reiki is an on-going mending of one's own electrical force, or aura.  I've been trying to focus on using Reiki as a tool for working on mending my electrical force; using Reiki as a way to gather the strength of love to heal the automatic synapse activity long ago created by PTSD.

I was triggered this week, maybe I was more vulnerable because of my experience with the moon.  Maybe I was just more open.  When I was triggered I could name what was happening and even though naming it didn't stop the physical responses, it did decrease the anxiety and adrenaline.  I have intentionally taken care of myself during this period and am hoping that the adrenaline will disperse soon. 

This has lead me to think of how vulnerable placing the campaign up on-line has made me and that it can make me a target.  Thus, I've needed to be less forthright this week and I will continue for the next week to be a little low key.

Meanwhile, the campaign only has another week and is nowhere near my goal.  SO please, if you had intended on supporting this project, this is the time.  And if you hadn't decided, we know that I really need your help.  I will continue the project no matter what. I am interviewing three women next week.  And even if I don't get to do the traveling, nor go to the conference, I will get the stories collected and published.  This book is happening.

I did not take photos today.  I'm not sure why except that I have not been brave.  I have not felt comfortable out in the world and the light has sucked.  So here's a selfie and a picture from 5 years ago.  Thank you in advance for your support.  I really appreciate everyone's' help.




10/2/2010
A Writing Prompt by Edite

No comments:

Post a Comment