Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day # 301: Preoccupied Authors




#301
The life of a new writer.  Here she is with the beginning of a manuscript.  


It is wet and cold out there and I guess we are waiting for strong winds, too.   Alright, so I guess November is right around the corner and even if we call it fall, it starts to feel like winter.  I'm convinced this November won't be difficult.  I'm convinced because my October was difficult, which is not normally the case, than November will be easy, or at least it will be productive. 

The Center For New Americans in Northampton does a poem a day fundraiser in November.  I have participated a couple of times.  I didn't feel like I could this year because I had just done my own fundraiser, but if you are interested in helping new immigrants or you like challenging yourself writing poetry, go to their website and sign up to do it.  It really is fun and at the end of the month they will have a big reading.  Try it out. 

I will write a poem a day in the first week of November and then I will go back to writing my blog again, but periodically post poems I wrote in past Novembers.   Meanwhile, I need to make a list of all the poems I have posted on this year's blog and see which ones I want included in the new manuscript.

I wrote a little bit of the book yesterday.  It has been really slow in the past two weeks.  But I have had four new original mothers contact me interested in the book.  Part of me feels like soon I will have to stop interviewing and just finish writing, but at the moment I am still so interested in stories.  



This is one of the books I mentioned yesterday.  It looks really interesting.

3https://www.facebook.com/Splitattheroot/photos/a.426094067455764.101860.422188677846303/1014584648606700/?type=3

10/28/2010

Today was a terrible photo day, but 5 years ago it was a wonderful photo day.   And thus, it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment