Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day # 294: Photographer

# 294
I took a break from being a writer today and strictly worked on photographs.  I created 5 sets of cards to sell at Pumpkinfest on Saturday.  Now I have to put the cards together.  

Somebody suggested that I go back and look at the past five years of October pictures.  I need to put together a collage because there are difference in the years, but they are hard to articulate.  There seemed to be fewer oranges this year and more yellows and the reds seem darker to me.  But I can't prove that.  

A friend sent me Patti Smith's new book.  I can't wait to read it.  It is a collection of personal narratives that read like her songs.  Plus, she added her own pictures.   Eventually I will have to put together a similiar book of my life stories.  But not for awhile.  

I am overwhelmed by how much writing this book has saddened me.  My reaction to my own sadness is to want to go back to school, which of course is what I did back in the day.  If I went back I would get a license to be a therapist and work with clients who suffer from trauma.  


No comments:

Post a Comment