Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Day # 296: Poetry Night

# 296

Tonight I went to the Word Festival in downtown Greenfield.  It was similiar to Tuesday night; the diversity was remarkable and tonight was full of surprises.  The main reason I went was to hear my friend Dan Mahoney read his poetry.  It was really good and edgy and you knew that a third of the people in the room were uncomfortable being there.  Not because it was vulgar or inappropriate, but because it was in your face and there.  



Once again I feel so lucky living in this community.  It was not only beautiful, but there were folks in it who do the work to put interesting venues on the streets.  Tonight was donation fed not cover charge.  I'm not sure how they do it.  And different businesses throughout town allow their buildings to be used as sites for the readings.  One of the readings tonight was in the local music store.  We listened to poetry that was pretty musical against a wall filled with guitars on brick.  

I tried to take pictures with a point and shoot but the lens got locked.  Oh well, I don't seem to have very good luck with little cameras.


Definitely a lovely day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment