Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day # 304: Happy Halloween

#304
I have had little to communicate this week.  It was a very busy fast paced week and it actually feels like Pumpkinfest was a year ago.  But here we are at the end of another month.  2015 has gone quickly and I am about to go into a ten day poem cycle, and I have just come out of a very good photo week, and I would kinda like to say something smart tonight.  But that something is not jumping into my brain.  



A lot of the leaves were blown off the trees last night so this morning I got to see where the squirrels had rebuilt their nests following the removal of my big maple tree in August.  And the leaves that remained on the trees were this strong dark red.  The sun was bright and there were few clouds and it felt like that world had been swept clean.  I wish there was a way to do that inside my home.


We've had several mornings of frost this week and these daisies are still persisting in Edite's garden.  I went to photograph the Connecticut River today but stopped at Edite's first and ended out watching the Turners Falls Halloween parade and having dinner with Edite and William. 
                                   
                                                                                              10/31/2010


Tonight we change the clocks.  It will be sunset at 4:30 tomorrow.  For the next four months we have to sustain, persist, grow in darkness.  Maybe that's why all of my November poems are about light, they represent the beginning of the grieving process for me.  How sad?  November is good.  I will do grateful fors throughout November, too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment