Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day # 279: Lexi Rewires!!!!

#279

Just returned from a friend's rewiring party.  I love that phrase, it really is much more accurate than retirement.  It was a very nice affair, good food, old friends, a raffle  (I didn't win anything, but it was fun trying), and another benchmark that made me think.  For all intensive purposes I have rewired, too, but I just was never given the party releasing me from education.  But even with a crowd that only knew me as an educator, and one that was very flattering and supportive, I just don't miss the field at all.  There are definitely people I miss, and there is a camaraderie that I miss sometimes, but not the field.  


On our way to Northampton the sky was full of sun-dogs.  My camera wouldn't pick them up.  The pictures are just white.  But this feather in the sky did take. 


So I didn't get my essay finished, but I did get to hug a friend.  Happy retirement, Lexi.  I am so happy for you and hope I can someday afford to go to Barcelona on one of your lead trips.  It has now been placed on my bucket list.  It would be so fun. Here's to being able to walk in Spain by 70.



1 comment:

  1. Friends from the past are friends in the present. I did what I could to help Lin with this important project. I challenge the rest of the Wilton gang to do the same. Show Lin that you loie her now as you did back then.

    ReplyDelete