Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Day # 340: Guardian Angels

# 340

Back in Greenfield with no access to the internet, but it's home.  

The biggest revelation I had hanging out with my brother's family, other than how much I love them, is how much I miss having a dog.  I love having dogs nearby.  Beau and Daisy are really well behaved dogs.  They are gentle giant soft dogs.  Seriously, in spite of the dog hair I am bringing home, they are worth it ten-fold over.  Wonderful dogs.

I'm unsure about how much of my week's story I should share on this blog, but I do want to share a piece of it, a scary piece of it.  I drove 2 hours to my brother's home.  When I arrived he told me to give him the keys to the car and he would go and get the oil changed for me.  Big brothers can be so helpful and sweet.  I gave him the keys and went off with my sister in law to have lunch with nieces and do a little dream shopping.   While we were sitting in the restaurant the phones rang and my niece picked it up, it was her father who needed to speak to me. 

So he had driven my car to run a couple errands and then brought it over to where he works and the mechanics went to drive the car into the garage.  When they let out the clutch the car didn't budge.  My brother tried.  No difference.  They pushed it into the garage and onto a lift to discover that my axle had broken in half with a clean break.  The break was complete in the parking lot of the dealership, not on the highway with me doing 65 mph.  Unbelievable, no one had ever seen an axle break like this one did.  I feel as though I was definitely protected by a guardian angel.  That in spite of all the things that have gone wrong this week, the one thing that would have really affected lives did not happen. 



So I really am grateful for being alive.
I am grateful for family that is so accepting of me and supportive of the work I have been doing this year.
I am grateful that they all have pets, I love pets.
I am truly grateful for human kindness, which I experienced a lot of this week. 
And I am really grateful for my sister in law's library.  I came home with 9 new books to read.  Pretty cool...






2 comments:

  1. I am so very thankful you are alive as well!!! Thank God/dess for Guardian Angels <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I wrote a poem today for Guardian Angels/ghosts. I'll share it with you.

      Delete