Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Day # 362: Happy 44th Paul and Molly


 # 362


Here is an article written by my friend, Christine Dutton about the need for BALANCE in our health journies.



Mediterranean Diet and Mindfulness

 5-practices-for-nurturing-happiness


thich nhat hanh, happiness, lion's roar, buddhism, shambhala sun, magazine, buddhism

Birds have had a dominant role in my life this week and for some reason I haven't been writing about them.  It is so unlike me, but I guess I have not really known what to write about my experiences.  Today I came around a corner on a dirt road and a pick up truck was zooming by, but putting on his breaks quickly.  I realized that just over the edge of the road were about 30 turkeys.  I stopped and got out of the car with my camera.  As usual I couldn't do them justice, but it was fun any way. I left them, went up the road a bit and turned around.

 Just as I was coming by them again, I realized they were all beginning to flock away, They began to do their imitation of flying up out of the spot and above the road, taking them up a straight ledge on the other side of the road. They were definitely intentionally moving out of this site. 

 When I got around the corner there were eight men in camouflage with hunting rifles beginning to leave their cars and move up the road together.  They were menacing looking and I believe they were waiting for me to get out of the way, but by the time I did the birds were on the run.


1 comment:

  1. Yay...you may have saved them there turkeys! Love that last picture especially.

    ReplyDelete