Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Day # 342: Imagine

# 342
35 years ago today John Lennon was killed in front of the Dakota in NYC, more than half my life ago.  1980, I was a graduate student at UMASS and working at Gill Elementary School.  I don't remember what I was doing when I heard the news.  I know I was immediately worried about Jason who was at school at Putney.  I don't remember it like I remember other startling events such as Reagan being sworn in as the hostages were being released, or a Kennedy assassination, or even Janis Joplin's death.

Yet I think the world changed for me in an extremely profound way; mental illness could impact the world around us, it was not controllable and it was not limited to my immediate world.  It was frightening.  


I feel a lot of gratitude for my family tonight.

I am very grateful and happy that Emma and Diane are home.

I am grateful to have a car.

Gratitude and happiness both are looming over me, I am saturated.



No comments:

Post a Comment