Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Day # 363: Sleep With Rumi

#363



This evening I have thrown away at least 300 photos from the year. I went through the month of March. I need to throw out more, but it is a good start. I also threw out over a garbage bag full of paper today. I'm beginning to be able to thin out in here, to simplify, to start a new, or at least fresh. I'm excited.

These were a photo and part of my entry from 12/29/2010.  It makes me laugh.  I'm still trying to thin everything out and for some reason it just gets thicker and thicker.  I threw out another 300 photos today and I am designing a filing system for my photo life.  Not having a lot of luck, but trying.

Last night was the first snowstorm of the season.  We didn't get hit hard at all. Lots of ice now, though.  Oh well, it wasn't until January last year that we got hit so hard.


A special colleague of mine gave me the Essential Rumi following three friends' deaths in 2005.  As I roll up this project I am pulling Rumi back out.  I thought maybe I could share a piece tonight, but I need more time to sleep with him.

 Today's pictures don't look like first snow beauty.  I gave up Diet Coke for Emma's Christmas present and I am suffering from some detox symptoms; these photos are much more representative of my frame of mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment