Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Day #365: Final Day of 365 Project

 # 365

 12/31/2010

The Chicken Whisperer 12/31/2010

Our last day of this 365 Day Project. I thought about writing about the highlights of the year.  For me the highlight was my 10 days in Rhode Island writing.  Another big highlight was the Greenfield Center School 8th Grade plays last May.  They were so awesome.  I was so blown away by them.  Another great day for me was celebrating Pete Seeger's life and honoring Juanita Nelson with the large community through singing and marching and feeling the strength of all being together.  

I  asked Emma what her highlight was and she pointed to the sky and said, "there."  I agree, the moments, many many many of them were awesome highlights.  I shot a lot of sunsets this year that took my breath away.  We also sang in 2 concerts this year, they were wonderful.

I also interviewed 18 women this year who were remarkable human beings.  The acquisition of knowledge about adoption has challenged me, stretched me, made me grow, I am a different person.

And for me another highlight is that these two girls are both such an important part of my life.  Both of them have been since their births and I hope they are til my death.  

There were so many samenesses between 2010 and 2015, predominately so many of the same loving wonderful people that make up my rich, rich life.

2015 will go down as a learning year, a challenging year, but a full year.  I am sad to see all of this go, but I am glad to start something new, too.  I'm not sure what that is going to look like, but I will pop up now and again.  Meanwhile, Happy New Year and please be safe.

And a final poem from Emma

 Speculation

The new year crashes in like waves on the coast of California. The cold chills us and gives shape to our breaths. The snow reflects the moon and our memories from the year before, and the wind gently pushes expectations and speculations for the times to come. The gray clouds from yesterday have moved on and faded into the fog of tomorrow. The time at hand bites at our skin and urges us  forward into the New Year.

~ Emma Worth

No comments:

Post a Comment