Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day # 105: Grateful for friends and family

#105
Today's photo is the same plant shown yesterday from 2010.  I went out and did a little raking, lasted maybe 5 minutes.  Not very successful, but it was worth the try.  And I uncovered my friendship daffodils which makes me happy.  

4/15/2010
This picture is of Jason taking pictures at the Cove.  He was here for my birthday five years ago.  I miss him.  
I am grateful for:
1) the internet when it comes to missing family and friends.
2) Barton's Cove; we are lucky around here to have this place.  We used to do picnics regularly during the summer.  It is a special place.  Jason rowed me out into the cove the day Ella Fitzgerald died and he sang me her songs for awhile.  What a wonderful memory that one is.
3) Oranges, have I said that before?  That's ok, I am grateful for oranges.
4) The chance to sing with people
5) Hottubs and swimming pools.


top photo of me by Gerard
photo of me and Gerard by stranger.
Today was an out of sort day, but I did get to spend a surprising hour with Gerard before he left on a vacation.  I am grateful for Gerard, I am grateful for friends that make me laugh.   

I received a letter from my cousin, Lorie, today.  In it was a handful of old photos from our Grandmother's photo album and her mother's, or my aunt's photo album.  One of the pictures is of me and my Mom.  It says 1953 on it so I think I must be about 7 months .  I love it.  It was really sweet.  But I have this new love for Mom and baby relationships.  This book is having a very interesting impact on my life.




1 comment:

  1. 1. I am grateful for you.
    2. I was married on Barton Cove!
    3. I am grateful you are writing the new book.

    ReplyDelete