Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day # 106: My Birthday

#106



A birthday poem from Chris S.  to share with all.

This Time
Sai Ganesh Nagpal
This time I will not
sit back and wait
for the leaves to turn yellow
and another winter to dawn
so I can relegate
my dream to a new spring.
Nor cast away the swirls of
myriad feelings
that wash over my soul
and speak to me
in ways they never have
before.
This time I will not
shy away
in fear and allow
walls
to be built
around me
to protect me from
the storm that has not
and may never come.
And should the storm come
this time
I will not choose to
be fearful
and run for cover to the closest
shelter
but look the storm in the face
and continue moving forward
until the winds relent
and the rivers part
to show me my path.
This time I will not rest
until I have tasted
the freedom
of lasting happiness.

Last years Plum Rose bush
Alright, I admit it was a wonderful birthday.  I had a little bit of a lot of things and wonderful hugs and song.  I had lunch with old friends.  Emma, Jack and I went around and looked at beautiful things, including a great art show of a group of women friends work.   I received messages from old and new friends and lots of family.  I had a bacon blue burger for dinner and took a lot of wonderful pictures.   I am happy to have made it to 62 and am planning many more.

Looking at Eagle Island

Love in the field
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Moriah!!!!! I love you.
Emma and Madison at The Art Walk

Graffiti on the top of Poets Seat
taken by Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment