Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day # 92: GCS Rocks


#92
So the truth is I praise these guys a lot.  But they deserve it.  Tonight was the 5th Annual Variety Show.  Emma and her friends have performed in all 5 evenings.  Tonight will be their last, thus, maybe, my last.  So sad....   Every year I am reminded that education can be exciting, fun and inclusive.  These guys make that happen.  And they make it happen by giving students' voice and power and by modeling respect, fun and curiosity themselves.

Now I will tell you Emma and Chris's act stole the show tonight, but that's because she will always shine brightest for me.  She had real competition this year and it was really exciting to watch how much they had all learned over the year.  But maybe the coolest part and what really stole the show was the faculty and staff act.  They were great and again they model for those kids.
Now would you trust your child's education to this gang?  I would.  They are hot.  Thanks, GCS faculty and staff!!!!!!!  You rock!!!

But I cannot deny, she is my favorite.  She really makes my heart sing, I am so grateful to be a part of her life.  

I am also really thankful for getting to know this group over the years.  They are an amazing talented group of individuals who can really pull off a show.   The littler kids are great and so much fun to watch, but when they get to be 6th graders they start having some real depth to them and are worth listening to for the sake of listening to their music.  They are good.

The woman playing the uke is Ann.  She's their music director.  She's really good.  Three cheers for good music teachers in school systems.  They are a blessing everyone.  Kids who do music in school excel in academics.  It is a researched known truth.  Support that music department.  They are essential, not a luxury.


Yup, I sing the praises of Greenfield Center School once again.  I am grateful that they exist.  


1 comment: