Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day # 98: Book Review



#98



Review for Tapioca Fire by Suzanne Gilbert

I liked all the characters in Tapioca Fire, a novel that you have compassion for everyone involved throughout it.  It is the story of Susan and her far reaching family.  Susan is a Thai adoptee who has been brought to the United States by her adoptive Mom and Dad.  They have worked hard to do “it” right and are somewhat confused when Susan decides to go to Thailand in search of her birthmother.

This book taught me a lot about International Adoption and gave me good insight into the adoptee.  It also taught me about social/economic history of Thailand.  Suzanne’s understanding of the social and economic pressures of both countries and how they motivate human being action is insightful and compassionate.  Even her secondary characters are presented with thoughtful empathy.


I certainly recommend this book to anyone trying to understand the world of adoption.  But I think the story line reaches out to anyone who wants to read about the complexities of searching for identity. `

4/8/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment