Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day #111: Two Sides of a Coin

#111


These pictures represent two sides of the coin of life; the complexity of fashion and human endeavor and the simplicity of nature and potential for humankind.  Today I felt overwhelmed by the dichotomy of the coin.  I was so aware of materialism, of the material wants in my life, yet the need to be simple, and simplify my life.  I am afraid that my disability will not allow me to do the things I want to do in the next 20 years.  I've amassed so much in the last 20 years, now I need to rid myself of a lot of it in order to be able to travel and do the things I want to do, including volunteer for Elephants On the Border.



I am surprised by my unhappiness.  My book is going so well.  I believe it will be done in six months.  I just need to keep going, keep my face forward and all that.  One step at a time.....  Some times it is just plain difficult.  Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed.  Tomorrow is another day.

4/21/2010
Edite's apple tree


No comments:

Post a Comment