Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day # 94: A Day to Focus On Projects

#94
http://www.mariankelner.net

Marian Kelner is a poet and a friend of mine.  She has just started a blog.  Here is the link and an image of her most recent book for those of you looking for some good poetry.

Saturday afternoon and it is really windy out.  There are actually snow flakes coming down at the moment, too.  I wonder if there is a snow rainbow?  I am so conscious of how explosive the world is this week.  At dinner last night I was telling friends about another friend who is leaving to go home to Somalia to see her father for the first time in over 15 years.  It will take her three days to get there, but still, she will be in Africa in three days, in a country that is so dangerous at the moment.  It hadn't quite hit me until I said it last night, maybe because when I spoke with her about it I wanted to remain supportive and upbeat.  Last night I was worried for her life.  Her journey is a little microcosm of the juxtaposition of human invention, creativity and bravery and its meanness, why should we worry about her trip home to see her elderly father?  I only worry because we are at war with one another.  She is Somalian and she carries a U.S. passport.  She is lovely, kind and giving.  She is taking the chance to be able to see her father one last time.

research on economics of adoption   This information is very interesting.  If you can't just click on it, go to my sidebar and click on Musings of the Lame.

GCC and the local radio station sponsored an egg hunt today.  Afterwards, kids came piling into the coop with huge smiles on their faces.  Apparently there were 8,000 eggs hidden in all, obviously not organic eggs.   They really were happy and excited about the fun.

I am grateful for
1) The opportunity to share my birth story with friends who are interested in listening.
2) My bed and Agatha Christie
3) Long stretches of time when I can look at my photographs and figure out how to share them
4) Little gifts some people bring out of the blue.
5) That I have not run out of oil, yet.

4/4/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment