Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Day # 103: A Poem for Monday

#103
How's that for a beautiful child?  


 Listening

I am alone.
Small tranquil pond
a fish eats a dragonfly,
Heron glides by
to catch a fish
A breeze just begins

I am alone
A siren
A bird I know, but cannot identify.
A hawk high up calling out;
he changes places, a high
pitched scream; with purpose
unknown to me.

I am alone
Today forward the yellows and greens
will begin to change.
The colors of autumn will appear
different from the Queen Anne’s Lace
and goldenrod.
The light begins to calm down.
Crickets
That bird over and over
Is it a jay
or maybe a catbird?
watches me, watches me
take in this pond, take in
green cover
double winged dragonfly
gulping sound
            over and over again.

I am alone.
The natural world
makes order
while I listen carefully
for the sounds
that open  a window
onto the symmetry
for the attempt
to keep chaos at bay




No comments:

Post a Comment