Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day #174: Approaching storms


# 174
Would have been my parent's 68th wedding anniversary today and it is my great niece, Anna Cole's 14th birthday. Time marches.

This is the sky over a half hour this evening. No tornado, but drama off to the Northwest.  Pretty spectacular.
For some reason thunder reminds me of my mother.  It used to frighten me. Back in the summer of 1975 Mom and I lived in a log cabin in the middle of a huge cow pasture in Marlboro, Vt.  When the storms would come we could watch them move up the valley.  The view looked all the way back to Springfield, Ma.  One night we all watched search lights on top of Mt. Tom and thought UFOs were landing.

During that summer I stopped being automatically scared of the storm.  My brother, Geoff and I sat in the hallway of the cabin while the lightening struck all around us and we learned to figure out how far away the storm was.

Found no rainbow throughout this, just this berry bush in my backyard.  Berries were really sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment