Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Day #180: Learning to see through each other's lens.

# 180
Is that a Japanese sky?  I spent the last forty-five minutes trying to take the moon.  It is almost full and has blue sky behind it with many clouds scattered over the sky.  Every time I thought I could do it clouds covered it and then the sky began to turn this color.  So you get the melon colored sky instead of the almost full moon.  
The Coop was full of friends tonight for dinner.  It is also the last night of my show.  I really like the show, it is too bad it is only up for a month.  But alas, maybe someone else will ask if they can show it at their place.  You never know.

I went to the Bookmill to write today.  It felt so good to have a computer to write with.  The main reason for that was that I got to do some more research.  I found a timeline of the history of adoption policy since 1870.   When you just look at bullets of acts pass and you don't understand the data that caused the act to come up and get passed, you miss half the history.   If you put the time line next to the time line my women's stories tell, they would show very different things.  Throughout the time line though, they bullet research that was done on adoptees and the negative impact adoption had on the majority of them, and yet the policies seem to move more and more towards relinquishment and not in helping families stay together.  Why is that?  Is it economically more feasible to break families up?  Is it that we cannot figure out how to help people learn to live less abusive lives?  Or does it have absolutely nothing to do with social policy?  I am curious to figure it out.  Who makes the laws or passes the acts in the end?  Mainly state governments and judges who tend to be white males.  Yes, I am curious about all of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment