Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day # 175: Hangin' With Zoe

#175
I was eight in 1961.  I played Little Buttercup in H.M.S. Pinafore in the third grade.  Zoe is eight in 2015 and in someways will enter third grade a whole lot more sophisticated than I was.  But in other ways not.  I don't think I ever thought I would be more than 50 years older than someone in those days.  I don't think I ever thought I would be 50, but here I am with a beautiful great niece who has the same joi de vive that her grandmother had in the sixties.  What a joy she is.  


I let Zoe take most of the pictures today, but here are a few I took.   It was a wonderful afternoon.

The creek was an interesting shade of brown and the reflections were very bright.

And here she is trying to pass as her great aunt Lindy.

Alright, so much has happened this week and my brain takes it in but I am not processing it all.  I will have to put it in words sooner rather than later, but for now we are going to have to settle for looking at beauty through photographs.   The one thing I do want to say is that The Discovery Center in Turners Falls, Ma.  is a wonderful place to bring kids.  Zoe and I had a great time figuring out which birds were which and she learned how water comes out of the mountains and flows into creeks, rivers and the ocean.  Then we went and visited the creek.  She learned that mosquitoes are abundant at the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment