Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day # 176: Tired But Happy



#176
It is just seven and I am so tired, so very tired.  We spent a couple hours in the lake today and it was very pleasant but I forget how tired it makes me to play with children in the water.  And now as we relax at home all I want to do is crawl up into my bed with a book and read.  

6/2010
Two kinds of swimmers.  Swimmer was Emma's pet duck.  Swimmer was an incredible pet for a nine year old.   He talked to her all the time.  Once when we brought Swimmer home from a Vet hospital and she was nervous in the back seat, Emma sang to her and pet her and she went right off to sleep. One of the most beautiful moments of my life, I swear to it.  They both were so in touch.  Sweet girls.


If clouds hadn't blown in I would have stayed in the water with Zoe for much longer, but both Emma and I got cold and came out, wrapped ourselves up in towels and sat and watched Zoe dive for beautiful rocks for another 40 minutes.  Do you remember those days?  That time in life when diving into a clear lake and finding bright orange rocks, scooping them up and bringing them to shore was just an ecstatic activity.  I want to do it again tomorrow.

Lost Daughters   a link to a good article today.  Anyone interested in adoption should read it.  Often Lost Daughters has important insightful work.  I love following it..


No comments:

Post a Comment