Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Day # 177: Infatuation with Family


#177
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
I was explaining to your great granddaughter, Zoe, that your real name was Augustus Sherrill Whiton Jr., but everyone called you Pete.  "Why, Lindy?"  "His grandmother, Zizi called him Pete."  "Why?"

I don't know, I can't believe it, I don't know why Zizi called you that, but throughout her journals she refers to you as Petie.  Anyway, you would have been 97 today, that would be following your 68th wedding anniversary.

6/26/2010
Five years ago today I was in Pt. Reyes Station, Ca.  with Emma.  The trip was wonderful.  There was a reunion of my Mom's family and we had all gathered at a beach on Tomales Bay.  We had such a sense of family.  Even Emma claimed my cousin's grandsons as her own cousins.  The three kids explored and I caught up with my cousins who I had not seen in 8 years at that point.  I always feel as though I am family there in that spot.  It is both sharing similarities, discovering the influence of genetics and it is the place, Pt. Reyes.  I feel centered there.  I'm in my comfort zone.  

                                     6/26/2011
6/26/2015
Zoe may grow up to think about us all the way I feel about Pt. Reyes.  She will at least always identify this swing as family.   


No comments:

Post a Comment