Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day #34: Building Steam

# 34


Dear          ,

I've been wanting to send you a synopsis of what my project consists of so that you can pass it on to__________.  She may not only want to hear about the project, but may herself want to be one of the women interviewed and profiled.  That is what I am hoping for.

I feel that there is far too much mythology passed on about women who relinquished babies to adoption.  The need for more open, straight and clear information is essential in order to change horrendous adoption practices that do occur in this country.   Original mother voices need to be documented and heard and the truth about loosing a baby to adoption must be recorded.  These women's stories are powerful.  Adoptees need to hear them and so does the general public.  Too many adoptees suffer from the mythology and if they knew the truth would not have the baggage that many of them carry.

Thus, I am collecting the stories of 15 very different women and combining them with photos to create a book.  This collection includes my story.  I have interviewed several women so far and am hoping to include ___________, too.

My process has been to have a "get to know you" conversation with each Mom, e-mail the questions to her and have her either write her answers and/or record answers over the phone in an interview.  Together we will decide on photos and with luck I will be able to meet all of them in person.

Thank you for being willing to pass this information on.  Having a friend recommend me is reassuring for the moms and this process has not been easy for anyone; helpful, poignant, but not easy.

As a group we carry a wound that is very unique to us.  Publishing this book will help others to understand our truths.

Again, thanx,
yours,
Lindy




No comments:

Post a Comment