Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day #35: Practicing Gratitude

Day # 35: Progress
 
 
I've been trying to figure out what to write about today.  My blood sugar has been slightly off all day and I have had a dull headache and inspiration has not appeared.  I carried my camera in the morning out into the world.  This picture is a view out the back window of one of my favorite restaurants.  If you are looking for a good burrito, Mesa Verde is the place.  And out the back window  you look upon The Energy Park, the train tracks all the way to the new transportation center and depot, and the solar panels that power it all.  This is progress.  So my camera found some inspiration, but I have not been inspired until now.  A good friend just handed me a present out of the blue, just because.
 
I could not create this book without the generosity of my family and friends.  I know I have said it before, but I don't think I can say it too often, because it would not happen, truly would not happen.  To be disabled and working on a project that is so intense prevents me from working a regular job.  Because my community has supported my work I have been able to focus and "go for it."  How lovely is that?  This present that I was just given brought tears to my eyes; gratitude, like forgiveness, is something I am truly working on.  I am stopping long enough to feel grateful and to accept gifts.  My oldest friend has to remind me all the time that I have been the caretaker for so long it is alright for me to accept caring acts.  I am learning.
 
Thank you all.  Thank you for believing in me and being so generous.  I am grateful.  
 
 
Herons in Orange Snow.

1 comment: