Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day #49: Call for Birth/Original Moms

#49
 
I did a photo shoot for an author photo today.  Emma sat in different chairs for me so I could get the best light and not make the author too nervous about it.  Then I let her throw away all of the ones she hated.  I was impressed she kept five.
 
In this oh so circuitous way I have done a lot on this book recently.  I have interviewed 5 women and have two scheduled for the next two weeks  Reaching out on this blog has not been successful, but just in case a reader is on the fence about contacting me about a story or referring someone else to me, let me give you a little push of encouragement.
 
At first I was feeling negative about interviewing people over the phone, but I think that the process we've developed has been pretty successful.  I'm happy with the information I have collected both  during interviews and through writings that some of the mothers have given me.  The two ways of hearing someone's voice is going to make rich stories.  Please, if you want to tell me your story e mail me or comment here with a way for me to contact you.  I  would like to be done by the end of April with interviews. 
 
Within the next month I would like to post another fundraiser with a mock set up of at least two of the stories.   It's getting very exciting at this point.  I am very happy with it.
 
The light in the Bookmill was beautiful this afternoon.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment