Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day #53: Fresh Coat of Snow

#53
It made it to 40 today; warmest day of the month, thus far.  It was a beautiful day and I had planned to be iced in so I was ready to be home.  Instead I got out for a bit and went and took pictures of the freshly fallen snow in the bright bright sun.  Very nice, made me happy.




When I first went out this morning I could hear the cardinal, chickadee and Blue Jay in the big tree, but I could not see any of them.  I stood still in the unplowed snow and listened.  They were not going to let me have a shot at them, though. 

It is hawk season and I decided to take my ride on the route where I normally see hawks.  I saw none until I got out of the car in my own driveway and dropped my small grocery bag, looked up in slight frustration and there he was flying over my maple.  He landed fairly far away, but I still spied him with my lens.  This is the best time of the year to get them on film because they are really active and there are no leaves. 



You can tell it is the end of winter vacation, the highway was very busy this afternoon, skiers were going home to Connecticut and New York.  Traffic will die down around here again for a bit.  What will the gas prices do?  This week I am going to focus on adoption and my book.  Maybe when I come out of my focused state the temperatures will be rising and we will only get March snows, snows that come down and disappear quickly.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  The birds are coming home.




No comments:

Post a Comment