Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day #38: Saturday Night

#38 Dragon Ice Sculpture
 
I'm writing and posting late tonight because I actually went out for the first time in who knows how long.   There was a Valentine's Day Art Show in the neighboring town that a friend of mine had work in.  Quite fun!  A lot of brie and people I haven't seen in a while and people who wanted to talk about cameras.  But because of it my post tonight will be short and can focus on my pictures. 
 
The whole day was kind of different and fun.  I went and looked at the finished sculptures on Main St.  Unlike yesterday, it was snowing today and there was no bright sun to reflect off of the ice, but this dragon was cool.  He's about 10 feet long and his tail scales run all the way down the street.   I think some of sculptures must have had accidents this morning because there seemed to be 2 missing.  I drove around the block 3 times looking for them and never figured it out.  I swear I saw a unicorn yesterday, but not today.  There was, however, something riding a moose.  Both neighboring towns were very alive and active today and tonight.  This is usually a very sleepy county, so its nice that people organized fun for mid-winter blues.  Especially since we are expecting another 16 inches of snow.
 
My younger brother and I got to catch up on the phone and solve all of life's problems. 
 
 I went and grabbed a little dinner with some friends after the art opening. I bumped into other friends as they were leaving.  This is their son showing me some of his good dance moves. Very cute.



I did get pictures at the art show, but I didn't get any releases so I'm not going to post any of them. Anyway, tomorrow will be another day of being snowed in so I will be able to be more expansive, but for today, good night and sweet dreams.


For those of you interested in the adoption world this is a post from another blog I felt people should see in regards to adoptees rights to have their original birth certificates.
Shared from CUB's own Beth Sellig Jaffe : All hands on deck and please help! Sign up for the mailing to help get involved! Beth has a bill for Adoption Reform - simply put we want all people treated equally -especially adults who were adopted. They deserve access to their own original birth certificates. A hearing at the Judiciary Committee is coming up fast. Please read this blog for more: http://www.adoptionmandala.org/MT%20Adoption%20Reform%202015

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! Nice photos! We went to the symphony tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, see everything was happening tonight. I wanted to see the soloist.

    ReplyDelete