Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day #308: Poem Four

#308

White Fish and Reincarnation

My dad hooked up my dryer
for me today,
fixed a hinge on a door.

I paid him in white fish 
and French fries
at a senior discount
and talked with him
of his commune days
and reincarnation.

He said his biggest
qualm is that people 
always feel 
that they had to have been 
someone important,
like Cleopatra 
or Robert E. Lee.

I've come to realize
he's always been 
my best friend,
and I don't care who I am 
in my next life
as long as I still get to be
his daughter.
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
         c Grace



there is a line of muscle that runs
from below my shoulder blade to my spine
When it is rubbed continuously
i go from pain to still to comfort
I know no other place where that is true
It takes me to a place of contentment
quiet, calm, loving, warm contentment.

It's a lot like listening to Baroque music
or eating lobster even without butter
It's like reading that poem that settles right in
like floating in the pond in July.
When you walk out into the open field
that's filled with Tansy and Indian Paintbrush.
the touch of towel after a hot shower. 




No comments:

Post a Comment