Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Day # 310: Both Concrete and Metaphor (Day 6)

#310
Visibility

The sun finally 
returned to me today.
It's face emerged from the oceans
of clouds.
The seas parted 
before my eyes
revealing a 
brilliant blue
for a few short hours
before my world surrendered
to darkness too early.

Tonight I will 
stare up at the stars
and wonder about what 
weather and seasons
are cycling 
in all the other worlds.
Hydrogen and oxygen,
gravity and proximity,
but l only notice
if it's within my visibility.
                              c GRACE
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif




Since I was a young adolescent
I've thought about why people do what they do
Why they act the way they act
say the things they say?
Why would someone chose to hurt your feelings?
Why would someone not understand?
These questions were apparent.
Their answers a tangled web, a maze
to follow like a fool, drink tea, keep a journal
muscle through late at night.
I still ask the same basic questions,
they have just increased in complexity.
We talk about layers and perspectives
and cultures and what people know as normal.
They are the questions answered in novels
or discovered in movies, or a great play.
They are the questions mulled over on bike rides,
a sail on a warm day, just a hike in the woods
or at the dinner table with an older friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment