Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day # 322: Happy Birthday, The Literacy Project, Inc.


# 322







In honor of the day that Swimmer came home from the hospital,  He was a good friend to us all.




On November 18th, 1984, Jim and I signed a partnership and registered the name The Literacy Project, Inc.  It was an extremely rainy night.  He was working at Maple Valley School and I had driven to Wendall in the rain, afraid of getting lost and then we came back to Wells St. where a group of friends were gathered to watch us sign our partnership and dedicate our working lives to adult education.  I remember being afraid of the whole adventure, but determined, so determined.  Many of the people in that room are no longer alive, including Jim.  But some of them are still around doing great things.  It fills me with awe to think that that happened 31 years ago.  31 years is a lot of years.  I know we were idealistic, but we were right, we did know how to create a community education center and we were successful at teaching many how to read and write. 

Happy Birthday, TLP!!  I am so proud of you and your many accomplishments with me and since me.  You deserve the accolades you receive.

11/18/2010

I do not believe I have any copies of pictures taken 11/18/1984.  I am sure in the scrapbook, that I gave to TLP, there are photos from around that time, but not in my home collection.  




No comments:

Post a Comment