Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Day # 317: Friday the 13th



#317

Today's photos were all about sky and trees.  These two shots were taken about 4 minutes apart.


Finishing this book is now about organizing.  I have 17 women's stories at different places of completion.  I know I cannot do the traveling to do the photography for the job so I have to organize the pictures in a completely new way.  And I need to have an introduction so that I can show it to some publishers.  But I have spent time listening to adoption research this week and organizing and planning a way to finish it.

Does anyone have a publisher they want to recommend?  I need some input at this junction, so please, now is the time to make helpful suggestions.   




11/13/2010 and poem from same date.
Where God Sits

The place where God sits, must be on the Williams River someplace where it’s shallow but wide and the cattails stand strong and a blue heron is just inside 

Or maybe near the Provincetown dunes at 6 o’clock in the evening. The brown of the sand, a yellow not quite mustard with short bay and berries growing in patches and a dark evergreen scrub.

Or maybe if you look across the roofs of Greenfield downtown buildings, all angles and steeples, slate and metal against a short hill backdrop and sunset.

Or maybe in a giant field of purple and pink surrounding you, birds flying in and out like butterflies in a bush.

God may sit on Rt. 117 towards Chelsea or out on Tomales Bay, someplace gentle

Or in my heart when you run to me, excitement in your smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment