Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Day #328: Reasons To Celebrate

# 328

To celebrate 
my thirty and a half birthday,
I treated myself to a gourmet lunch.
I walked the cracked sidewalks
to Sweetbreads
in the quintessential autumn Sun,
breathing the clean, cool air
an extra bounce in my step,
laughing at all the little dogs
acting tough.
I ordered the Croque Monsieur,
or fancy ham 'n cheese
as Rachel calls it.
I ate slowly
deliberately,
savoring each bite
how it was crafted to be,
appreciating taste and texture
aroma and aesthetic,
and was moved 
to close my eyes at times.
And Otis sang over the radio,
"It's been a long, long time coming,
but I know
a change gonna come.
Yes it is."
Yes 
it 
is.



We turned the corner and a fox strolled by.
We turned the corner and something in the breeze
high up in the trees caught our eyes.
An eagle perched himself above.
Again we came around that corner and you said,
"Stop" and photographed that eagle
taking off over the green field.

That corner is our lucky corner.
Filled today with white bales of straw
winters feed for the sheep
We know that corner is abundance
We know of one place where abundance rules.
We know where to go to smile after a fight.




No comments:

Post a Comment