Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day #315:A Budget for Peace


#315
I woke up to three things this morning that jarred my brain.  The first was this cactus; overnight it bloomed in a million places.  It was dreary and rainy and cold this morning and in my living room sat this beautiful plant.  

The second thing was my friend Patrick asked me, what if the defense budget became the peace budget; that we had all that money and stuff and it was only directed towards peace?  What would it pay for and what would it look like?   I sort of brushed his question off, but during the day it kept creeping back in.  What if we had the money to help vets heal?  

And the third thing was the photo of an old friend whose birthday it is today.  Friendships are so fragile sometimes and their impact can be so great.   So one thing made me happy, and another made me think and the third made me sad.  That's what I do, I take in stuff and I roll with it, up and down and over and over


11/11/2010
                                           Someone asked me about Blueberry recently .


Lorraine Dusky and her daughter, Jane, at Rockafeller Center
Story on author of Hole In My Heart

Today I started with a webinar on adoption.

http://www.adoptionsummitexperience.com/take-action
YOu can register for it, too. If you are interested in adoption from any angle, this summit looks like it is going to be very fruitful.


No comments:

Post a Comment