Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day #323: My Big Brother's Birthday

# 323

Here is a writing prompt from ALLPOETRY fb page: What was the first poem you recall reading (or writing!)

I don't remember, but I do remember the first collection of my own poems that I put in a black file folder and my Dad edited it.  He bought me my first typewriter so I would write more when I was probably 12, but later on, when I put this collection together, he bought me an electric typewriter which went to college with me. It was a blue Smith Corona.  I actually think I typed my Masters thesis on that typewriter.  My doctorate was written on an Apple IIc.   I think I still have that collection of poems in a box upstairs.  It may even still have some of his editing on it.  

What was your's?


It is brother Paul's birthday today.  He is 66. I will get to see him next week, but I still wish I could blink myself down south and wish him a happy birthday in person.


11/19/2010
I don't think this plant has bloomed much since this picture was taken 5 years ago.  It loses its leaves in the winter and the grows bushy and green in the summer.  It may establish one bloom and then it lets go of all its leaves again.  AHHH Hibiscus, am I doing something wrong?

Tomorrow Grace and I will post poems once again, and once again I would like to encourage you to join us.  There is something helpful about intentionally writing a poem per day.  Try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment