Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Day # 320:Rehearsal Monday

#320

Does anyone know what type of bug is on this piece of milkweed?  It has a crisscross of red on its back and I have many of them all around my house this fall.  I've never seen one before.  

I have music running through my brain, same five bars of the same three songs over and over and over again.  That's what happens when you come out of rehearsal.  I remember my Mom used to make fun of herself if she would get some trill or fast scale stuck in her head after a rehearsal.  She'd make gestures to let us know she was going batty and sing the trill over and over again.  (My mother was a professional flutist and played with the Greenwich Philharmonic for over 20 as first flutist. She spent a lot of time in rehearsals.)  Anyway, I agree, it makes one feel batty.  


Five years ago I was at a conference in Rhode Island presenting my workshop on using personal educational timelines as a way to stimulate writing and discussion in an adult education classroom.  It was a really successful workshop.  I was asked to do it several times around New England.  But I also realize it was the workshop that made me know I had to stop working in adult education and go into oral history.  I was turned onto Story Corps that week and was excited by their work.  I'd still like to do something with Story Corps.  I also would really like to learn more about the Reunion Project in Seattle.  

11/16/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment