Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day #64: Bad Picture Day, good Writing Day





#64
Today was a very productive day in most arenas; the least productive was photography.  I did not take a good picture today.  Oh well.  So I am posting a picture of my desk and proof that I am writing.  I talked to three women today.  They all had very different stories.  I also am in the middle of writing up an interview I did last week.  I am trying hard to maintain their voices while presenting them all as a complete story.  It is difficult.

One of the women I talked to today told me a wonderful story about being  encouraged to travel to a Birthmother retreat where she found the community that would allow her to follow her dreams.  For this woman the retreat and finding  other original Moms opened up her life.  The following address is the website of the group that yearly puts on retreats in North Carolina  specifically for original mothers.   www.Birthmombuds.blogspot.com is the site.  Check them out; the retreats sound fabulous and extremely helpful and their blog is interesting, too.

Another resource that is being developed;

SAving Our Sisters from Adoption
If you are an original mother and are interested in helping support a woman who is trying to decide if adoption is the right option for her, whether that is by helping her find solutions to problems, find local resources and support, or housing  someone (these are just a couple examples) join this group and sign up to be that resource.  It's worth reading about them.  It's an important task they are taking on.  I did sign up.

It was grey and raw today.  There was no real light to speak of.  We did not get the snowstorm.  It stayed southeast of us, but we could feel the dampness.  I am now wanting Spring to arrive.  I have had my fill of winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment