Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day # 67: Eagle Sighting

"A mountain keeps an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
~Rumi


#67

 Let our bare feet touch the grass, but only for a moment brief, before leaping again to touch the sky. Grandmother moon is high above, lighting up our dancing forms and smiling down upon us. Mother wolf is watching, tracking down our graceful movements and wondering vaguely what it's like to laugh, before throwing her head back and joining us in our song. Sister earth is down below, below beneath our feet, helping us reach for the stars, and our strength she helps us keep. We, the daughters, we, the sons, will dance and sing until the dawn, but until then, never stop, for the night has yet to sleep.


Emma 12/2014


We took a back way home today.  I stopped to take some tree and sky pictures and said, "Emma, how did that black plastic bag get caught way up there in that tree?"
"Lindy, look again, I think it is an eagle or a very large vulture."

All week long I've been going out to find big birds.  Yesterday I found seagulls, but my search has been pretty uneventful.  I saw the one red tail that I think lives around here, because I see him once a day.  I was jealous of a friend who took some beautiful Bald Eagle photos on Friday.  If Emma hadn't been sitting next to me, I would have never known he was right in front of me.  Unfortunately, my lens is not strong enough, but that's ok, it was still wonderful to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment