Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day #66: Pictures and a Poem






#66
Not sure how warm it got today, but I do know it is 6 and there is still light out my windows.  I also know we have to Spring forward tonight.  It was a pretty perfect picture taking day today.  

3/7/2010

          3/7/2015
Think we have more snow this year?  I think my birch trees have grown, too.





I Am A Boat
1

I am a boat now
I know no anchor
A thousand fish swim through me
They say the body
          Accepts any kind of sorrow
Like seedlings erupting through cement

I saw the bear dancing at the circus
          When I was small
We were in it for the honey
Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s
But my own skin is thin as the
          Skin of dried grass
I want to sleep the sleep of apples

2.

I am a boat with no anchor
And holes through my skin
          as frail and thin as dried grass.
Fish, at least a thousand
          Swim through me daily
          As I sleep the sleep of apples
And my body accepts any kind of sorrow
They thought we were in it for the honey
          Or the clover, or to see the
          Bear dance once again on
          The decks as we sailed
          to join the cirus.

3.

My body can accept any kind of sorrow
Like a boat with no anchor and
Frail dried skin.
A thousand fish swim past me
As I sleep the winter sleep of
Apples dropped on the ground
Where bears dance for honey
When they’re small.


4.

I accept my skin frail and dried as grasses
Before the winter storms arrive
And fish have a chance to swim on by
And bears dance near honey combs and bees rush

I accept my skin as the leather skin of a canoe.
With no anchor needed and sorrows building up
In a place where my body accepts them,
Embraces them.

I accept the creaking of my joints
And the need for sleep
And the roar in the back of my head.
I accept that seedlings grow through cement.
















No comments:

Post a Comment