Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day #88: Blogging for Beauty Balance

#88
The workshop I went to yesterday that did me the most good was on using social media to advance your cause, or how to get as many hits on a blog or website as you can.  It was really interesting and I realized that a lot of what I do is the opposite of what I should do.  Like I like making up these pithy little titles for the day, but  apparently its a no no for reaching one's maximum hit potential.   You are supposed to use as many keywords in your titles and text that you can, so that spiders detect the mission of your blog and your ranking goes up.

This got me thinking again about the mission of my blog.  The truth is that the mission is not to raise peoples' conscientiousness on the issues of adoption.   That's a side bonus.  I really did mean to set it up for my 356 Day Project, a place to host and share those photos and a plaace to ramble about interesting issues of the day.  I have ended out sharing poetry and trying to get others to interact with ideas,  but I have not focused in to one primary issue.  I don't think I'm going to change that, but I might start a website that is inclusive of photos, poetry, adoption and participatory curriculum.  The website will house pages on the rest of the stuff, maybe my domain that Ember created for me can be the hosting agent.

A good question is, who do you want reading your blog?  I can't answer it at the moment.  I think one cannot market their blog successfully until one answers that question.  I am satisfied for the moment. I will continue to do what I am doing and try to incorporate some of the tricks I learned yesterday.  It was a really good workshop and when I get sent the link to the manual that Claudia has written I will link it to here.

I also believe one of my strengths is the ability to network people together, so I hope this blog doees some of that.  I want to share others' blogs, others' poems, others' sweater stories.  Talking about sweater stories, Trace turned me on to this small press that is really cool called Porkbelly Press (porkbellypress.wordpress.com)  Send me sweater stories, I may have figured out how to print them.

The other share I want to do is Sarah's food and yarn blog.
  
peachesandpurls.com


On the phone this morning with an old friend from Marlboro, Kevin, and he started telling me about a Voodoo woman working with inner city men in alternative health practices.  I think I want a grant to be able to go and find healers inside inner city communities and interview them.  I'm telling you I am really good at thinking up new ideas.  Wish I was as successful at making a living.
I don't know how I managed to take so many photos today, but I liked a lot of what I took.  And at the end of the day Emma came to visit and made me laugh for a while.  Yep!!!!! She's my girl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment