Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day #70: 43 Years Ago

#70
I have written about the night my father died a  dozen times and described his arms around me while he sang Old Man River to me.  He was cooking green beans in the wok. That was the last time I saw him and it was 43 years ago.  I find it amazing to think that someone who had such a huge impact on who I am today has been gone for over two thirds of my life.  How much is nature and how much is nurture will always be the question, but I know that his grandchildren, who never met him, show signs of him often.

Anniversaries are particularly difficult for me.  I am better at accepting that and taking care of myself than ever before.  But still, grief maintains.  It no longer has the punch it used to, but it is there and should not be ignored.

It got close to 60* today.  The sun was actually hot and sitting in the car with the doors open soaking up the heat was marvelous.  There was a shift in colors and the winter blue is about to leave us for 3 seasons.  This winter was a little longer than usual, but  it's going, good bye.

March 11, 2010 
Less snow on the ground then, but still some.  This horse was a friend.  We would go to visit on rides.  Emma called him Frisky.  





No comments:

Post a Comment