Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Day #79: Happy Spring

#79
I'm kind of caught in the irony of life today.  Here is the EQUINOX, the first day of  a much needed Spring.  We enter Aries, my house.  It is time to clean around the flower beds and make room for new growth.  And in front of me is white stuff falling from the sky.  Highways are closed because of too many accidents and instead of birds talking loudly to each other, and to me, winter silence is taking over once more.
Kay and I went to the Bulb Show on Smith College Campus today.  It was beautiful.  The center displays were arranged around Monet colors and the smells were abundant.  We spent over an hour, walked through the rain forest and sat at the Japanese Garden.  Very sweet.  I love watching children play in there.  It was warm and full of wonder.

Then we walked out into a winter landscape and drove home the slow way to avoid the slippery roads.  


We immersed ourselves in the colors and smells of late Spring only to tease our bodies.  Spring did not spring today; instead, we fell back a few steps.  I now have to worry about my furnace again, because it looks like cold temperatures at night will prevail.

I post my bulb show pictures tonight representing hope, eternal hope, or maybe to tease my fellow New Englanders.  But enjoy.  The staff at the Smith College Greenhouse do a remarkably good job and every year I am grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment